If you’re looking for the best highlights for grey hair, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve got all the tips and tricks you need to create a beautiful and natural-looking highlight treatment. Keep reading to learn more!
Best Highlights for Grey Hair – Editor’s Pick
|#||Product Name||Editor’s Score||Overall Rating||Price|
|1||L’Oreal Paris Le Color Gloss One Step In-Shower Toning Hair Gloss||9.8||4.98||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Color Wow Root Cover Up – Instantly cover greys + touch up highlights||9.6||4.2||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Il Salone Milano Permanent Hair Color Cream – 12.11 Silver Platinum Hair Dye||9.5||4.85||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Schwarzkopf Got2b Metallics Permanent Hair Color||9.4||4.23||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Clairol Nice’n Easy Balayage Permanent Hair Dye||9.5||4.5||Buy on Amazon|
Highlights for Grey Hair Review
1. L’Oreal Paris Le Color Gloss One Step In-Shower Toning Hair Gloss
- Toning Hair Gloss for Grey Hair: Enhance hair color and tone, neutralize and correct brass, boost shine and deeply condition with this one-step toning gloss that leaves hair looking unbelievably healthy, with a fresh hint of color
- Easy Application: This in-shower toning gloss is easy to use with just 1 tube; No mixing and no gloves needed, and no hassle with up to 15 minute application; Lasts around 10 days, up to 3 applications in every tube
- Gentle Vegan Formula: Features a coconut oil-infused deep conditioning base; Vegan, color-safe, keratin-safe and free of ammonia, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and mineral oils; Use 1x per week to maintain shine and color
- L’Oreal Paris Hair Color: We offer permanent, semi-permanent, and temporary hair dye plus root cover up, anti-brass toners and lightening systems; Cover gray hair, highlight, or go bold with bright color
- L’Oreal Paris Beauty: A leading total beauty care company based in Paris, we offer innovative products and unique expertise from beauty experts in makeup, skin care, hair care, styling and hair color
|Full Cure Time||15 Minutes|
2. Color Wow Root Cover Up – Instantly cover greys +
|Hair Type||Chemically Treated|
|Material Type Free||Peroxide Free|
3. Il Salone Milano Permanent Hair Color Cream – 12.11 Silver Platinum Hair Dye
- SALON QUALITY COLOR KIT: The Il Salone Milano Silver Platinum hair color kit is a permanent, professional color cream that is made in Italy and provides salon-quality color without any chemical smell.
- 100% COVERAGE: The advanced hair color treatment provides 100% coverage of white hair. The convenient hair dye will give you long lasting color, intensive moisturizing and gloss.
- MOISTURIZING COMPLEX: The innovative hair color kit includes moisturizing oils that give the color a boost of shimmering vitality. The easy-to-use hair dye system is enriched the best ingredients, like Linseed Oil and Meadowfoam Seed Oil, which will leave your hair with the ultimate softness and shine.
- THE BETTER CHOICE: The gentle hair color shades are a signature formula adhering to the Il Salon Milano policy of products that are free from parabens, paraffins and ethyl alcohol.
- COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL SYSTEM: The unique color kit incorporates a three-step system to take care of hair before, during and after coloring. The hair dye routine includes a pre-treatment, the color cream and a post treatment.
|Brand||Il Salone Milano The Legendary Collection Alfaparf Group|
|Material Type Free||Alcohol free,paraben free|
4. Schwarzkopf Got2b Metallics Permanent Hair Color
- For a multi-dimensional metallic look
- Head-turning radiance and anti-fading effect for permanent hair dye that lasts.
- Formulated with metallic-shine booster for cool, shimmering tones
- In the box: 1 tube color cream, 1 application bottle with developer lotion, 1 tube color after treatment, 1 pair of gloves, and 1 instruction leaflet
- If your hair is longer than shoulder length, we recommend using 2 boxes of got2b Metallics for the application
|Item Form||Lotion, Cream|
5. Clairol Nice’n Easy Balayage Permanent Hair Dye
Best Highlights for Grey Hair Buying Guide
1. How do I know if I need highlights?
There are a few things to consider when trying to determine if highlights are right for you. First, take a look at your natural hair color. If you have dark hair, you may want to consider highlights to add dimension and lighten up your look. If you have light hair, you may want to add highlights to add depth and dimension. You may also want to consider your skin tone. If you have fair skin, you may want to add highlights to add a bit of color.
2. How often should I get highlights?
There is no one definitive answer to this question – it depends on a number of factors, including your hair type, the condition of your hair, your personal preference, and your budget. That said, here are a few general guidelines:
If you have healthy, undamaged hair, you can probably get away with highlights every 4-6 weeks.
3. How much does it cost to get highlights?
The cost of highlights varies depending on the salon, the stylist, the length of your hair, and the number of colors used. Generally, highlights cost between $50 and $200.
4. How long do highlights last?
The length of time that highlights last depends on a number of factors, including the type of highlighting technique used, the type and condition of your hair, and how often you shampoo your hair. Generally, highlights last anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.